Monday, September 26, 2011

Art of Finding & Learning (#3): Spectrum of Emotions

We can be everything from simply puzzled, to somewhat confused, to completely stymied.  Yes, there is a whole range of emotions that face us when we try to find answers.  Sometimes the emotions are strong, but the task at hand is (in the cool, calm light of day) not that important.  Sometimes something I can't find or can't figure out just bugs me and I admit, I spend a lot of time on it.  There are moments that I:

1. Clearly decide that I need information and set aside the time to do it.
2. Figure I will just go on gut instinct or intuition.
3. Attach the problem immediately so I don't feel so uncertain or anxious.

Noticing how we are feeling and what we are assuming can really help us save time, energy, and effort.  Do we need to make a tough decision, are curious and want to browse, or are we avoiding the facts because we fear the answer?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment