Do you need excellent Find & Learn skills for jobs today? Yes you do. Over and over, I have seen them discussed related to essential skills in the job marketplace. The chief executive of Netflix, Reed Hastings, gave a talk about his corporate culture that clearly reveals this (see http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-179866). I highlighted the key phrases that relate to Find & Learn skills. His presentation posed nine skills and various behaviors that are highly valued in Netflix (here are some excerpts):
1. Judgment: “You make wise decisions… despite
2. Communication: “You are concise and
articulate in speech and writing.”
3. Impact: "You exhibit bias-to-action, and avoid analysis-paralysis"
4. Curiosity: "You learn
rapidly and eagerly", "You contribute
effectively outside of your specialty" “You are broadly knowledgeable...”
5. Innovation: "You challenge
prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches"
6. Courage: "You say what you
think even if it is controversial", "You make tough decisions without
agonizing", "You take smart risks"
7. Passion: "You inspire others with your thirst for excellence",
"You celebrate wins", "You are tenacious"
8. Honesty: "You are quick to
9. Selflessness: "You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas." “You share information openly and proactively.”