Friday, July 20, 2012

Overcoming the Unfamiliar

As the world grows more complicated and complex, we face the unfamiliar more often.  Philosophers postulate that there is growing complexity in the world.  To me it seems true that we have to handle more communications and from more varied platforms.  I do have the following: desk computer; laptop; smartphone; and telephone.  That's just the devices.  Then I have multiple email accounts and multiple other accounts online.  Overcoming the unfamiliar comes down to two key actions.  First is to commit to mastering or learning the new device, task, or area.  Second is to set aside the time to spend on it.  If you cannot tell me your commitment level, I cannot help guide you in your Find & Learn activities.  Gearing your learning has to do with commitment and priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment